Our process engineers and technologists are experts in the planning, design, construction monitoring and hands-on commissioning of treatment plants, ranging from cutting edge international best practice to the most appropriate local technologies, including:
- Advanced biological nutrient removal activated sludge treatment systems
- Membrane biological reactor systems and mechanical sludge dewatering
- Extended aeration, oxidation ditches, racetrack treatment systems and sludge composting
- Biological trickling filters for nitrogen removal and bio-gas production via anaerobic digestion
- Low technology systems like anaerobic ponds, oxidation ponds and constructed wetlands
- Specification and selection of a wide range of packaged wastewater treatment plants
We use dynamic simulation platforms, checked against our customised spreadsheets, based on the mass balances defined by Activated Sludge Models and Trickling Filter Modules, published by the International Water Association and the South African Water Research Commission.