Virtual Consulting Engineers’ Built Environment Support Services are based on proven internationally accepted techniques and principles, such as the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) as published by the Project Management Institute, as well as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
The Built Environment Support Services offered by Virtual Consulting Engineers aims to maximize integration and strategic benefits on behalf of its Clients. The latter includes the implementation of Contract Participation Targets as a means to achieve secondary objectives (goals) through infrastructure projects.
Virtual Consulting Engineers is fully conversant with:
- Code of Good Practice (the codes) under section 9 (1) of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, 2003 (Act no.53 of 2003)
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Act, 2013 (Act 46 of 2013) and
- Department of TradeWorld Industry strategy for Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment.
Virtual Consulting Engineers provides a range of Built Environment Support Services, including:
- Empowerment Impact Assessments
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Empowerment Impact Targets
- Development of Contractors in the Construction Industry as part of Virtual Consulting Engineers’ Enterprise Development Programme
- Mentoring of Contractors as part of the Western Cape Government Contractor Development Programme