Virtual Consulting Engineers follows a pragmatic approach to the repair, renovation and maintenance of buildings. Our architectural technologists and quantity surveyors are proficient with SANS 10400: Code of Practice for the Application of the National Building Regulations, including part X: Environmental sustainability, as well as SANS 204: Energy efficiency in buildings. Our multidisciplinary engineering team provides support with:
- Structural elements and materials (timber, stone, masonry, concrete, metals and synthetics)
- Fresh air, natural light and climate control (heating and cooling)
- Wet services (drinking water, rain water and sanitation)
- Alternative energy and building electrical services
- Flow of people, goods and commercial services
- Wayfinding and signage in public buildings
We have successfully implemented projects under different contract conditions, including that of the Joint Building Contracts Committee (JBCC) as well as the General Conditions of Contract for Construction Works (GCC).